10 November, 2012

Getting STATA in my online course

It seems like a long time no see my blog and write on it :) Now, I want to share about my online course at edX. I have been through almost 4-week of that course. For my opinion, the course is really good at all. It talks about biostatistics in clinical and public health research. As a student in that course, I should use STATA for analyzing the data. It's a little bit difficult for me as I always use SPSS on my daily work.

STATA is obviously different from SPSS. In STATA, we should type the command to run the analysis. So, we must know the coding of the command. It's the hardest point to learn it more. But, in SPSS, we only click and click the button to do some analysis. On the other side, commanding in STATA is more flexible to do some further analysis than SPSS. We just need modification on the command.


Apart from the difficulties to learn coding of the command in STATA, I'm quite eager to learn more on it.  Perhaps I can pass the passing grade in that online course smoothly with a good score in all problem sets. Break a leg for me! :D See you on the next post.

0 comments:

Post a Comment